Apr 7, 2010

PROFOUND

Pro-found adj. difficult to fathom or understand - That's the only way I can think to describe our omniscient God, who chose to fix His affection on us before He even created the world, knowing all the while that we were going to rebel against Him.  But it gets even better - knowing that we would be a rebellious people, He conceived a plan, a way to restore our relationship with Him, and He did all this before laying the foundations of the earth, before Adam drew his first breath.  How true when He says, "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways . . . For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than yours (Is. 55:9-10)."

So Jesus the Christ came and while we were still sinners - enemies of God - He died for us. The Perfect died for the imperfect. The Righteous died for the unrighteous. Absolutely profound!  A song of praise wells up in my soul - "Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe.  Sin had left a crimson stain.  He washed it white as snow." August Toplady said it rightly "Nothing in my hand I bring. Simply to Thy cross I cling.  Naked come to Thee for dress.  Helpless look to Thee for grace.  Foul I to Thy fountain fly.  Wash me Savior or I die."

No comments:

Post a Comment